The Laser Distance Modules (DMM) from ASKION offer outstanding technical characteristics combined with an excellent price-performance-ratio for the integration of length and/or position measurement systems, especially in the fields of industrial and security applications.
At an operational wavelength of 905 nm the measurement range is 20 to 3,000 m with an measurement accuracy of +/- 0.5 m. The special processing electronics enable the ASKION Laser Rangefinder a maximum range capability within eye-safety class 1 or 1M, according to EN 60825-1:2015-07.
The ASKION Laser Distance Modules are customizable with regard to measuring rate, pulse energy and data interface.
The performance of the DMM Rangefinder is shown in the following chart. Distance measuring values in kilometer range are achieved at measuring rates below 1 Hz. Even at rates in the range of 10 Hz very weakly reflecting objects can be measured safely at a few hundred distance.
The start of a measurement and the output of the measurement data is done through a UART-Interface. The supply voltage is 1.9 - 5.2 VDC.
Compact design, low weight and sturdiness allow the use of the Laser Rangefinder in a wide range of application areas:
- Monitoring and positioning of installations
- Distance measurement in the areas of geology and conveyor technology
- Position monitoring in rail and shipping traffic and in container transport
Sport and observation optics
- Laser distance measurement with daylight sight long-range optics
- Night vision combined with distance measurement
- Laser distance measurement for target optics in the hunting and sports shooting area
- Altimeter in flying objects
- Distance measurment in platforms for border control or monitoring of critical infrastructure facilities
- Distance measurement in traffic flow